For the cleanest, clearest water, change it every 3-4 months. When using the Vision Sanitizing Cartridge, your water will last up to 6 months. The pictures in this instruction are from a 1998 Californian. Your spa may look a little different, but the steps are the same.
1. Turn off all power at the GFCI
2. Remove the 2 relief plugs near the fi lters. This will help prevent an airlock when you fi ll the spa. Be sure the o-rings on these plugs are in good condition.
3. Use a submersible pump to drain the water if you have one, otherwise…
4. Put a garden hose in the spa and turn it on as if you were fi lling the hot tub. Let it run about 10 seconds, then turn off the water.
5. Disconnect the other end of the hose at the bib. You can drain the water in your garden if all the chlorine has dispersed.
6. Take that end of the hose, and holding it low to the ground, move it where you want the water to drain. The siphon has been established, so the draining will begin immediately. Use as many hoses as you can to speed the process along.
7. Remove and rinse the fi lters thoroughly. Leave them out of the spa for now. Remove any debris from the bottom of the canister.
8. While waiting for the spa to drain, this is a good time to perform some preventative maintenance. Rinse the fi lters, clean the Jets and Selector Valve Assembly. See the” How To” Section of our Website for more details.
9. When it’s empty, wash the UltraLife shell with baking soda or Soft Scrub. A wet rag or either side of a Scotch Brite pad works fi ne. Smooth acrylic shells should be cleaned with a spa surface cleaner and wet rag or sponge.
10. As you are cleaning, open as many jets as possible by turning the outside ring to the right. This will help prevent an air lock when you are fi lling the spa later.
11. Using a Wet/Dry Vac if you have one, vacuum as much water as possible. Starting in the fi lter canister(s), moving to the seats, and fi nally the fl oor. If you don’t have a suitable Wet/Dry Vac, you’ll be using a plastic container and rag to do this work. Remove the balance of the sand and water on the fl oor with a rag
12. Start fi lling the spa 1/2 way by putting the running hose in the fi lter compartment that usually has the cap over it. Fill the spa the rest of the way through the fi lter compartment that usually has the fi lter basket in it.
13. The water line should be in the middle of the tile. Re-install the fi lters.
14. Turn the power back on at the GFCI
15. Test the jets buttons to be sure both pumps, (and the circulation pump if you have one), are operating properly and water is fl owing through the jets.
16. When everything is operating properly, re-install the 2 relief plugs.
17. Add your new Vision cartridge
18. Balance the water according to the procedure on our guide. Shock and add sanitizer as needed.
19. Add Ducky and relax.
These instructions are for informational purposes only. Easy Spa Parts does not guarantee that following these instructions will resolve your specifi c spa condition, nor does Easy Spa Parts accept liability for work performed by anyone attempting the repair or part replacement. These instructions are provided solely by Easy Spa Parts. Certain parts mentioned in the instructions are manufactured by third parties, including Dimension One Spas. Dimension One Spas has not supplied or reviewed these instructions. Dimension One Spas shall have no liability to you relating in any manner to these instructions or any acts or omissions by Easy Spa Parts
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: 1) EASY SPA PARTS AND DIMENSION ONE SPAS EXCLUDE ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; 2) NEITHER EASY SPA PARTS NOR DIMENSION ONE SPAS SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER , ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE INSTRUCTIONS OR FROM ANY MATERIAL CONTAINED IN, OR OMITTED FROM, THE INSTRUCTIONS